The Turning 21 Book Tag




I'm 21 today! To celebrate, I've decided to take part in this birthday book tag which I read on Ann's Reading Corner a few months ago. 

Count your birthday along your bookshelf and subtract your month - what book does it land on?


Three Wishes - Liane Moriarty, seems fitting! 

If you could spend your birthday with any fictional character, who would it be and why?


Jamie from Outlander - maybe that means I could travel back in time? Two cool experiences for the price of one. Plus, he've very attractive in my mind...

Find a book that takes place in the season you were born in.


Finding a book that happens in spring is actually harder than you'd think. The Fault In Ours takes place from "late winter" to summer so that covers March!

Find a book that is the colour of your birth stone.


Aquamarine book covers. Hmm. Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige seems like a promising option. Danielle is such a talented author but her books seem to come out faster than I can read them.

Is there a series with the same number of books as your age? If so, what is it?

Apparently Enid Bylton's Famous Five series has 21 books. Not exactly my current favourite series but a nostalgic flashback into my childhood.

Pick a book set in a time period, world or country you would like to have been born in.


Snugville Street by Angeline King. I love Northern Ireland as a place - it's my home from home. If I'd been born there I would have found my love for Ulster rugby a lot sooner too.

As a side note... here are some of the books that have shaped me over the past 21 years:

1. The Harry Potter Series (including The Cursed Child) - J K Rowling
2. The Fault In Our Stars - John Green
3. A Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseini
4. Wuthering Heights - Jane Eyre
5. All The Bright Places - Jennifer Niven
6. You Will Know Me - Megan Abbott
7. The Night World Series - L J Smith (although it was never finished!)
8. Any Linwood Barclay book 
9. Fangirl/Eleanor & Park - Rainbow Rowell
10. The Twilight Series - Stephenie Meyer (like many girls, this book got me back into reading)

Love, Jess

2 comments:

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com