June TBR


June is here and I'm spending my time travelling, meaning there'll be time to read on planes and trains. While I battle through my fourth edit, these are the books I intend on bringing along...

Greatest Hits - Laura Barnett


I enjoyed Laura Barnett's first novel, The Versions Of Us, and this one sounds intriguing too. It's about a woman who is putting together her greatest hits album and recollecting on her life. A literary novel that I hope will live up to its potential.

Blood Sisters - Jane Corry


Again, this read is based off how much I enjoyed Jane Corry's first thriller My Husband's Wife. Blood Sisters has been getting so much hype. I don't know too much about what it's about but I like to go into thrillers blind. The cover and clues, however, remind me of Reconstructing Amelia which I loved.

The Girlfriend - Michelle Francis


Potentially one of my most anticipated reads, The Girlfriend is a psychological thriller about a mother, her son and her son's girlfriend. The relationship between mother-in-law and a son's girlfriend is such a complex topic and I can't wait to get stuck into this.

With Malice - Eileen Cook


I did once know what this was about (promise!). I added it to my TBR because so many bloggers were raving about it months ago. I can't believe it's taken me so long to get round to it. I am determined that I will take on this YA thriller this month.

Lie With Me - Sabine Durrant


I chose this because like The Girlfriend, it also has a water-y, summery feel and it will be perfect to read on the beach or while I travel. I expect it to be both chilling in the sense that I can relax with it and that it's a thriller.

Under The Spanish Stars - Alli Sinclair


As part of my Around The Year In 52 Books challenge I am reading an Alli Sinclair novel to tick off the challenge of reading a book from a southern hemisphere author. I've heard lots of praise for these novels set in exotic locations so maybe this one will broaden my travels even further.

Cress - Marissa Meyer


The third book in The Lunar Chronicles series, Cress is really long. Based on Rapunzel, it will merge fairy-tale fantasies with sci-fi and if it's anything like the first two books, I'm sure I'll love it. It might just take me a while at 550 pages.

Sister, Sister - Sue Fortin


Again, I know nothing about this book. My mum recommended it so... I'm reading it! The cover makes it look like a dark thriller and it'll be interesting to see how this compares to Blood Sisters.

And, there you have it! Those are the books I am determined to get to in June. Not many ARCs this month, but these are all titles that I've had stored up on my Kindle for a while.

What will you be reading this month?

Love, Jess

Talk books with me on Twitter @JessikahHope

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com